Adapteva announces 1,000 Teraflops accelerator chip for deep learning
[EDIT: April’s Fool’s Joke. This was a reaction to the heap of opportunistic DL hardware popping up these days. Should have been patently obvious from text below but just in case…]
We are pleased to announce our latest project at Adapteva simply called “The Brain”. This new disruptive technology will be designed in 3nm and has the following projected performance metrics:
- 500,000 single precision floating point cores
- A fixed programmable architecture for matrix-matrix multiplication
- Zero KB of data and program memory
- Total performance of 1,000 Teraflops
- Total power consumption of 1,000W
- Patent pending supersonic water cooling technology
Analyst Charles Smith at the Silicon Analysts has stated: “This is a smart move by Adapteva. Instead of wasting silicon space on memory and programmability, they are focusing on what matters, raw floating point performance. It’s a well known fact that all interesting problems can be reduced to dense matrix-matrix multiplication.”
This announcement marks a new chapter for Adapteva. We look forward to hearing more about your plans for our disruptive new chip.
Chief Entertainment Officer, Adapteva, Inc.
[ April fools… couldn’t resist. Hopefully you read all the way to the end. And yeah, I am still working on a new chip, in case you were wondering]